Seven new EOS student clubs established
After the application period for foundation of EOS student clubs ended, the EOS has chosen seven applications to be realized and is proud to announce the successfully established regional clubs in France, Russia, Spain and the United States.
- EOS Comunidad Valenciana Student Club (Spain)
- EOS Kazan National Research Technical University Student Club (Russia)
- EOS M. V. Lomonosov MSU Student Club (Russia)
- EOS/SFO Alpes Student Club (France)
- EOS/SFO Photonics Bretagne Student Club (France)
- EOS AT Columbia University Student Club (US)
- EOS City College New York Student Club (US)
The newly founded student clubs benefit from several opportunities to present their activities and to raise awareness for their concerns. For example, members of the student programme are invited to publish news about their student club in the EOS newsletter, on the EOS website, and other media EOS cooperates with. Additionally, each club is entitled to apply for the EOS student grant which is awarded by financial means for engaging projects and enchanting ideas.
Besides, the annual EOS Student Reception provides another opportunity for presentation of concerns and activities to a broad audience. This year's EOS Student Reception will be held alongside the EOS Annual Meeting (EOSAM 2012) on 26 September 2012 in Aberdeen, Scotland, UK.