8th EOS Topical Meeting on Diffractive Optics (DO 2012)
- Jani Tervo - University of Eastern Finland / Finland
- Paul Urbach - Delft University of Technology / Netherlands
- Juan Campos Coloma - Universidad Autònoma de Barcelona / Spain
- Pierre Chavel - Institut d'Optique / CNRS / France
- Zbigniew Jaroszewicz - Institute of Applied Optics / Poland
- Lifeng Li - Tsinghua University / China
- Masud Mansuripur - University of Arizona / United States
- Silvania Pereira - Delft University of Technology / Netherlands
- Jari Turunen - University of Eastern Finland / Finland
- Frank Wyrowski - Friedrich Schiller Universität Jena / Germany
The Final Programme is now online:
Final Programme (pdf-file, 2.1 MB).
Diffraction Optics in the High-Tech Industry
- Novel optical materials including metamaterials
- Modelling of diffractive optics
- Optical beam shaping
- Diffractive Optics for Solid State Lighting and solar Photonic crystals
- Adaptive and switchable diffractive optics
- Diffractive Optics for Life Sciences and sensing
- Inverse problems in diffraction optics
- Fabrication and characterization
- Measurements and inspection
- Martin Wegener, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (DE)
- Jaime Gomez-Rivas, FOM Institute AMOLF (NL)
- Bernd Kleemann, Carl Zeiss AG (DE)
- Makoto Kuwata-Gonokami, University of Tokyo (JP)
- Robert Magnusson, University of Texas in Arlington (US)
- Allard P. Mosk, University of Twente (NL)
- Jakob J. Stamnes, University of Bergen (NO)
- Cesare Umeton, Università della Calabria (IT)
Call for Papers
The final Announcement and Call for Papers is available for download: DO 2012 final call (pdf-file, 520 KB)
As of now, registration is only possible on-site. It will open on Sunday, 26 February, from 16:00 - 18:00. Please check the Final Programm for more details!
At least one author of an accepted presentation is requested to register properly in advance to the conference.
The full-time-registration fee includes the participation in all four meeting days, one copy of the Topical Meeting digest CD-ROM, coffee breaks, and lunches on 27/28/29 February 2012 as well as the participation in the social programme on Wednesday, 29 February 2012. The participation in the following conference dinner is optional (please see the paragraph 'Conference dinner and social programme').
Universities, private persons,
EU companies and
The social programme on Wednesday, 29 February 2012, from 17.00 -18.30 includes a guided tour of the Royal Delft, Koninklijke Porceleyne Fles. The world famous Royal Delftware is still entirely hand-painted according to centuries-old tradition and all participants will attend the production process with a painting demonstration.
The meeting point for the social programme is in the foyer of the Conference Centre at 16:45.
Location: Rotterdamseweg 196
The conference dinner will be taking place in the Partycentrum - Restaurant de Brasserij on Wednesday, 29 February, 2012, starting at 18:30. Costs per person: 48 Euro.
Participation in the conference dinner requires extra registration. The fee includes an international style buffet with cold & warm food as well as beverages.
Location: Brasserskade 2a
- Submission deadline: 31 October 2011
- Notification to authors: 21 November 2011
- Publication advance programme: mid-December 2012
- Early-bird deadline: 27 January 2012
Best Student Presentation Award
The two best student presentations (oral and poster) at this EOS Topical Meeting will be awarded a diploma, an EOS student membership for 2012 and a prize sponsored by the publisher Springer.
All student presenters are eligible to the prize. The winners will be announced at the end of the last session on Thursday.
The posters should have a size of DIN A1 (width: 59,4 cm x height: 84,1 cm) or DIN A0 (width: 84,1 cm x height: 118,9 cm) in a portrait format. The size of the poster boards is 94 cm x 193 cm (width x height).
Paper Publication in JEOS:RP
Attendees of this EOS Topical Meeting can submit their paper to the Journal of the European Optical Society - Rapid Publications (JEOS:RP). The paper must be an original high quality contribution connected to this Topical Meeting and will be reviewed according to the normal procedure of the journal. In case of acceptance authors will receive a 20% discount on the publication rate. The paper must be submitted no later than 2 May 2012 (www.jeos.org).
320 € (instead of 400 €) for non-members
280 € (instead of 350 €) for full EOS members
If you require an invitation letter for this meeting, please fill in the invitation letter form: www.myeos.org/events/invitation.
Conference Centre of the
Delft University of Technology
NL– 2628 CC Delft
See the campus map here.
This EOS Topical Meeting will be held at the Conference Centre of the Delft University of Technology, located in the heart of the University campus and in walking distance from the Delft city centre and public transport facilities.
Discover one of the oldest cities in the Netherlands called de Prinsenstad, the Princes City, since William of Orange held court in Delft in the 16th century. Stroll through the well-preserved, lively historical centre, with characteristic canals, ancient merchant houses, old churches and the splendid city hall.
Information about Delft is available at www.delft.nl
The organiser has blocked rooms at special rates in four selected hotels. The booking details, a list of other recommended hotels as well as information about how to get to Delft can be downloaded here.
Sponsoring and Advertising
About 80 - 100 attendees from research and industry are expected to attend this meeting. Present your company and products and meet new customers in the ancient atmosphere of a historic city!
Sponsoring and advertising options range from 250 to 2700 Euro. Download the Sponsor's and Advertiser's Guide for details (pdf-File; 703 KB).
|Table top manned||990 Euro *|
|Table top unmanned||550 Euro *|
|Bag inserts||550 Euro *|
|Conference programme advertising||250 - 700 Euro *|
|Web banner advertising||300 - 850 Euro *|
|Coffee break sponsoring||300 - 500 Euro *|
* 10% discount for EOS Corporate Members
Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
EOS-Events & Services GmbH
Communications & Event Manager
Garbsener Landstraße 10