Workshop on Continuing Education: Short Courses for Industry (EOSAM 2012)
- Pierre Chavel - Institut d'Optique / CNRS / France
- Christopher Dainty - National University of Ireland / Ireland
- Paul Urbach - Delft University of Technology / Netherlands
- At which levels should continuing education focus?
- How short should a short course be?
- If it is clear that the need exists, how can the finances be secured to fill the need?
- How do you organise homogeneous groups of attendees, and how important is it to do so?
- Given constraints on time and financial means, how can the organisations offering training best adjust to the needs of the employers: distance to be travelled, language requirements, group size, etc.
- How important is it that these courses offer continuing education credits?
- Where is the distinction between continuing education and consulting?
- Compared to other parts of the world, is there one European model of continuing education in Optics and Photonics, should there be one, and what are the currently prevailing models in various parts of Europe?
The Final Programme is now online: Final Programme (pdf-file, 1.51 MB).
- Pablo Benitez, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (ES)
- Jean-Louis Meyzonnette, Institut d'Optique - Graduate School (FR)
- Laurent Sarger, Univ. Bordeaux I and Elisabeth Boeri, Bordeaux Route des Lasers PYLA (FR)
- Ilka Zajons, LZH Laser Akademie (DE)
|Opening of submission||2 April 2012|
|Deadline for abstract submission||7 May 2012|
|Notification to authors||8 June 2012|
Paper publication in JEOS:RP
Attendees of EOSAM 2012 receive a 20% discount on the publication rate for JEOS:RP (Journal of the European Optical Society: Rapid Publications). The paper submitted must be an original contribution that is connected to EOSAM 2012 and will be reviewed against JEOS:RP's regular standards for insight, quality and novelty.
JEOS:RP is a peer-reviewed open-access journal at www.jeos.org. The 2011 Impact Factor: 1.019
Paper submission deadline: 30 November 2012
Special publication fee for standard papers of EOS attendees
- 280 € (instead of 350 €) for full EOS members
- 320 € (instead of 400 €) for non EOS members
For further information please see: www.jeos.org/forms/AuthorGuide.pdf
General information about EOSAM 2012
If you require an invitation letter for this meeting, please fill in the invitation letter form: www.myeos.org/events/invitation.
EOS - Events & Services GmbH
Garbsener Landstrasse 10
30419 Hannover, Germany
Phone: +49 511 2788 115
Fax: +49 511 2788 119