Exhibition packages information can be found here.
Sponsorship and Advertising
General Chair: Paul Urbach - Delft University of Technology (NL)
General co-chair: Seppo Honkanen - University of Eastern Finland (FI)
Local Scientific Chair: Rainer Schuhmann – Berliner Glas KGaA (DE)
OVERVIEW: EOSAM 2014 AT A GLANCE
Eleven Topical Meetings:
- TOM 1: Guided-Wave Optics
- TOM 2: Silicon Photonics
- TOM 3: Optical System Design and Tolerancing
- TOM 4: Biophotonics and Medical Optics
- TOM 5: Metamaterials, Photonic Crystals and Plasmonics: Fundamentals and Applications
- TOM 6: Optics for Cinematography and Video
- TOM 7: Energy Harvesting and Organic Photonics
- TOM 8: Active and Adaptive Optics
- TOM 9: Frontiers in Optical Metrology
- TOM 10: Diffractive Optics
- TOM 11: Special session for partners in an EU project to disseminating their results
EOSAM Summer School on Novelties in Optics and Photonics (Monday 15th September)
Please Note: SUMMER SCHOOL LOCATION CHANGED!
Photonics Entrepreneurship Day/ Welcome Reception on Monday evening by EPIC and Berlin Brandenburg Photonics Cluster (free)
- Keynote speeches and interactive panel discussion with networking reception
- Location: Zentrum für Photovoltaik und Erneuerbare Energien
EOS Annual General Assembly
Wednesday, 17 September: 10:30 - 17:30
Thursday, 18 September: 11:00 - 17:30
Matchmaking event by Berlin Partner
Session: Grand Challenges in Optics
Wednesday, 17 September at 20:30
Come and network at the conference dinner, in a nice, relaxed atmosphere.
We offer you a great buffet with plenty of choice, drinks included.
Restaurant Nolle takes you back to the sophisticated 1920’s Berlin.
Price: 60 euros per person
Please fill in the form and send by fax before Tuesday, 9 September.
Additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
4 April 2014 30 June 2014
Notification to authors: 18 July 2014
Post-deadline submission: until 4 August
EOSAM 2014 Programme overview
See detailed schedule
Download EOSAM 2014 Programme (PDF, ~13MB)
Contributions are accepted for oral and poster presentation. All authors are requested to register separately from abstract submission.
Abstracts must be submitted as two-page pdf files that are formatted along the guidelines given in this file.
You might wish to use either the Word or LaTeX template.
Abstract submission closed.
Information for authors
- Time slots: Presenting authors are allotted 15 minutes (12 minutes presentation plus 3 minutes for discussion). Please plan your presentation accordingly to meet the 15 minute maximum.
- Presentation upload: Speakers are requested to upload their presentation to the computer in the meeting room well in advance to their talk.
- Presentation format: Please bring your presentation on a USB mass storage, CD-ROM or DVD and include all video files. File formats: ppt, pptx and pdf. A Windows-based presentation computer will be provided.
- For Mac users: To make sure your presentation is displayed correctly, please:
- bring your presentation as a pdf-file with fonts embedded or
- restrict yourself to Arial/Times New Roman (not Times)/Courier New (not Courier)/Symbol/Wingdings when creating your ppt- or pptx-file.
- Technical equipment: Technical equipment (presentation computer, video projector) will be available on-site.
There will be one poster session during EOSAM 2014.
Poster session: Wednesday, 17 September 12:45 – 14:45 CEST
Posters may be set up starting 11:15 on Wednesday, 17 September and should be completely set up no later than 12:45 that day.
Poster authors are requested to be present at their posters during the official poster session. Please prepare and print your poster in advance to the conference. Poster set-up and removal is in the responsibility of the authors.
Any posters left on the boards at the close of the poster session will be discarded. Poster numbers will be displayed on the poster boards to show authors where to place their poster.
Required poster size: The posters should have a size of DIN A1 (594 x 841 mm) or DIN A0 (841 x 1189 mm) in a portrait for-mat (no landscape format). Pins will be provided by the organiser.
Members of the Optical Society of Japan and the Chinese Optical Society are entitled to register with EOS-member fee.
|FEES||Non-EU participants, EU companies and businesses (except Finland) with VAT number*||Private persons from EU, companies and businesses in Finland with VAT number (incl. VAT 24%)**|
|Early-bird student members||
|Early-bird student non-members||
|Late non-members||575.00 €||713.00 €|
|Late student members||295.00 €||365.80 €|
|Late student non-members||325.00 €||403.00 €|
*EU companies and businesses with VAT number (except Finland): reverse charge for VAT payment applied according to the Finnish VAT act §65 and EU VAT directive articles 44 and 196.
** VAT 24% according to the Finnish VAT act §69H.
Early-bird deadline: Monday 18 August 2014
EOSAM 2014 will be held in Berlin Adlershof, the city of science, technology and media. See map.
City of science, technology and media
Adlershof con. vent. Exhibition Centre
Rudower Chaussee 17 and 24
See the sunny forecast for Berlin during EOSAM:
Getting to Adlershof...
By public transport it takes
- 10 min from Flughafen Schönefeld
- 30 min from Alexanderplatz
- and 40 min from central train station Hauptbahnhof
By public transport to Adlershof
to download, click on map (PDF) access routes ÖPNV
Congress Railway Ticket
Travel comfortably and climate friendly to your event in Berlin
Rooms in the following hotels can be reserved at a special conference rate before 15 August 2014 (Please mention the reference "EOSAM 2014" when making reservation):
DORINT HOTEL, Adlershof, Berlin
For reservations, call: +49 30 67822-0
ADAPT APARTMENTS, Adlershof, Berlin
Booking request can also be made online:
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz
Tel. +49 (0)30 2389 4333
Fax +49 (0)30 2389 4305
InterCityHotel Berlin Brandenburg Airport
Tel.: +49 30 7565751 353
Fax: +49 30 9210257 99
NH Berlin Treptow
Tel: +49 30 639030
Journal Papers in JEOS:RP
Presenters at an EOS Topical Meeting are kindly invited to consider the submission of a manuscript about their research to the EOS open-access on-line journal JEOS:RP (Journal of the European Optical Society, Rapid Publications, www.jeos.org). A 20% discount will be applied to the author fee. JEOS:RP publishes articles about recent scientific research and technological innovation as well as review papers about a topic in science or innovation from the recent past. A contribution should be original and will be subjected to the journal’s standard anonymous peer review process for scientific quality. The average time-to-publication of the journal is of the order of 75 days.
This conference is operated by European Optical Society Oy, Business ID 2559965-4, VAT no: FI25599654, Domicile Joensuu, Finland.