European Optical Society Annual Meeting (EOSAM) 2016
Deadline for abstract submission: EXTENDED: 27 May 2016 (Submission closed)
Notification to authors (extended): 22 June 2016
Register as participant: http://www.conftool.com/eosam2016
General Chair: Seppo Honkanen, Microsoft (FI)
General Co-Chair: Jürgen Jahns, Fern Universität in Hagen (DE)
Local Scientific Chair: Rainer Schuhmann, Berliner Glas KGaA (DE)
The European Optical Society (EOS) will return to Berlin 26-30 September 2016, on the 25th Anniversary of the EOS. Germany, with a long tradition in optics and photonics, and Berlin, with its many research institutes and companies, serves as an ideal place for the EOS Bi-Annual Meeting. We are very happy to once again enjoy the excellent conference facilities of the Germany’s leading Science- and Technology Park Berlin-Adlershof. The meeting will include tutorials for students, various topical meetings, workshops, Fellows ceremony, Award ceremonies, and an Industrial Exhibition.
- TOM 1 - Silicon Photonics and Guided-Wave Optics
- TOM 2 - Freeform Optics NEW!
- TOM 3 - Optical System Design and Tolerancing
- TOM 4 - Diffractive Optics
- TOM 5 - Trends in Resonant Nanophotonics
- TOM 6 - Frontiers in Optical Metrology
- TOM 7 - Organic & Hybrid Semiconductor Materials and Devices
- TOM 8 - Adaptive Optics and Advanced Illumination Imaging
Keynote speech by Dr. Eric Betzig, Nobel Prize Winner 2014 (TOM 8 - Adaptive Optics and Advanced Illumination Imaging) on Tuesday, 27 September 2016
Monday, 26 September
- TUTORIALS ON TOM TOPICS
- SUMMER SCHOOL ON METROLOGY FOR THIN FILM MATERIALS
- VISIT TO THE INSTITUTE OF OPTICAL SENSOR SYSTEMS
- BERLIN WELCOMES EOS RECEPTION
Tuesday, 27 September
- OPENNING CEREMONY - EOS Partner Societies presented
- Keynote speech by Dr. Eric Betzig, Nobel Prize Winner 2014 (TOM 8 - Adaptive Optics and Advanced Illumination Imaging)
- EU PROJECT RESULT DISSEMINATION SESSION
- EOS ANNUAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY
- FELLOWS CEREMONY
- AWARD CEREMONIES
Wednesday, 28 September
Thursday, 29 September
Friday, 30 September
Submit to: www.conftool.com/eosam2016
Deadline for abstract submission: 27 May 2016
Notification to authors: 22 June 2016
Abstracts can only be submitted online via Conftool: www.conftool.com/eosam2016
Authors are requested to submit an extended abstract of two pages with at least one figure. The abstract must be formatted according to the EOS abstract guidelines, which can be downloaded here.
You might wish to use either the Word or LaTeX template.
Contributions will be accepted for oral and poster presentations (please indicate your preference). At least one author is requested to register for the meeting separately from the abstract submission. The registration includes admission to all Topical Meetings, sessions and additional program.
EOSAM Fees 2016 (excl. VAT)*
|EARLY BIRD Fees (until 22 August 2016)||LATE/ON-SITE Fees (beginning 23 August 2016)|
|Members**||440 €||Members**||540 €|
|Non-members||495 €||Non-members||585 €|
|Student members**||240 €||Student members**||305 €|
|Student non-members||265 €||Student non-members||335 €|
*VAT excluded for Non-EU companies, EU companies and businesses (except Finland) with VAT number. EU companies and businesses with VAT number: reverse charge for VAT payment applied according to the Finnish VAT act §65 and EU VAT directive articles 44 and 196.
Private persons, companies and businesses in Finland with VAT number: VAT 24% added, according to the Finnish VAT act §69H.
If you are entitled to VAT excluded price at the registration phase, you are required to either announce the VAT number or your nationality (if outside EU) while registering.
**Members of the European Optical Society (EOS), Japan Society of Applied Physics (JSAP), Optical Society of Korea (OSK), the Optical Society of Japan (OSJ),
and the Chinese Optical Society (COS) are entitled to register with EOS member fee.
The registration fee (excl. One day fee) includes full-time admission to all topical meetings and sessions, tutorials, the industrial exhibition, and coffee breaks.
The One-Day registration fee includes one day admission to all topical meetings and sessions, coffee breaks and the industrial exhibition (Wednesday 28-Thursday 29 September).
FREE student registrations available: SuperSolar offers 10 UK PhD students the possibility to join without fees!! To take advantage of the offer, please contact Sharon Henson (S.A.Henson@lboro.ac.uk), https://connect.innovateuk.org/web/supersolar-hub
Information for authors
- Time slots: Presenting authors are allotted 15 minutes (12 minutes presentation plus 3 minutes for discussion). Please plan your presentation accordingly to meet the 15 minute maximum.
- Presentation upload: Speakers are requested to upload their presentation to the computer in the meeting room well in advance to their talk.
- Presentation format: Please bring your presentation on a USB mass storage, CD-ROM or DVD and include all video files. File formats: ppt, pptx and pdf. A Windows-based presentation computer will be provided.
- For Mac users: To make sure your presentation is displayed correctly, please:
- bring your presentation as a pdf-file with fonts embedded or
- restrict yourself to Arial/Times New Roman (not Times)/Courier New (not Courier)/Symbol/Wingdings when creating your ppt- or pptx-file.
- Technical equipment: Technical equipment (presentation computer, video projector) will be available on-site.
There will be one poster session during EOSAM 2016.
Poster session: Thursday, 29 September 17:00-18:30 CEST
However, the posters will be visible all week for conference attendees, so we ask the poster authors to bring their posters onsite during Monday, 26 September or Tuesday 27 September. The posters should be available until end of conference.
Poster authors are requested to be present at their posters during the official poster session on Thursday. Please prepare and print your poster in advance to the conference. Poster set-up and removal is in the responsibility of the authors.
Any posters left on the boards at the close of the conference will be discarded. Poster numbers will be displayed on the poster boards to show authors where to place their poster.
Required poster size: The posters should have a size of DIN A1 (594 x 841 mm) or DIN A0 (841 x 1189 mm) in a portrait for-mat (no landscape format). Pins will be provided by the organiser.
Book a hotel
We have made tentative bookings for the nearest hotels in Adlershof.
Rooms in the following hotels can be reserved at a special conference rate (Please mention the reference "EOSAM 2016" when making reservation):
ADAPT APARTMENTS, Adlershof, Berlin
Phone: Tel. +49 (0) 30 678 929 80
Address: Erich-Thilo-Straße 3, 12489 Berlin-Adlershof
DORINT HOTEL, Adlershof, Berlin
For reservations, call: +49 (0) 30 67822-0
Address: Rudower Chaussee 15, 12489 Berlin-Adlershof
Phone:+49 30 7202222000
Address: Rudower Chaussee 14, 12489 Berlin, Germany
JOURNAL PAPERS IN JEOS:RP
Presenters at an EOS Topical Meeting are kindly invited to consider the submission of a manuscript about their research to the EOS open-access on-line journal JEOS: RP (Journal of the European Optical Society, Rapid Publications, http://jeos.springeropen.com/).
JEOS:RP publishes articles about recent scientific research and technological innovation as well as review papers about a topic in science or innovation from the recent past. A contribution should be original and will be subjected to the journal’s standard anonymous peer review process for scientific quality. The average time-to-publication of the journal is of the order of 75 days.
Catch the latest updates on EOSAM:
BERLIN – CITY OF CHANGE. CITY OF CHANCES. CITY OF GROWTH.
Berlin, with its internationally renowned cultural institutions, universities and events, has taken its place as one of Europe's most important scientific and cultural centers. Berlin is creative, exciting and always surprising. The city offers more than 500 events daily. Get excited about Berlin! (www.visitberlin.de)
How to get there
See how to get onsite: http://www.adlershof.de/en/direction-maps/bus-train/