EOS Student Clubs
Since the launch of the Student Programme in 2011, EOS has welcomed 14 student clubs in France, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine and the United States.
|EOS Student Club||Type||Country / region / city||National Society||Founded in|
|Bauman Moscow State Technical University Student Club||regional||RU (Moscow)||ROS||2011|
|EOS ITMO Student Club||regional||RU (St. Petersburg)||ROS||
|EOS Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University||regional||UA (Kiew)||USPAO||2011|
|EOS Optical Coherence and Interferometry Student Club||topical||CH||SSOM||2011|
|Coherent Photonics||topical||RU (Moscow)||2011|
|EOS/SFO Paris Student Club||regional||FR (Paris)||SFO||2011|
|EOS/SFO Lorraine Student Club||regional||FR (Metz/Lorraine)||SFO||2011|
|EOS Comunidad Valenciana Student Club||regional||ES (Comunidad Valenciana)||SEDOPTICA||2012|
|EOS Kazan National Research Technical University Student Club||regional||RU (Kazan)||ROS||2012|
|EOS M. V. Lomonosov MSU Student Club||regional||RU (Moscow)||2012|
|EOS/SFO Alpes Student Club||regional||FR (Alpes)||SFO||2012|
|EOS/SFO Photonics Bretagne Student Club||regional||FR (Bretagne)||SFO||2012|
|EOS at Columbia University Student Club||regional||US (New York)||2012|
|EOS City College New York Student Club||regional||US (New York)||2012|
Why join the EOS Student Programme?
- Get new contacts, exchange experiences, discuss your concerns
- Participate in the annual EOS Student Reception and present your concerns and activities to a broad audience
- Publish news about your Student Club in the EOS newsletter, on the EOS website, the EOS Directory and other media EOS cooperates with
- Create awareness for your concerns in an even larger audience by making use of the close cooperation between EOS and the Photonics21 Technology Platform
- Benefit from advice and support through the Club Mentors and Sponsors
- Get insights from leading experts and make valuable contacts
- EOS Student Clubs work closely with the Club Sponsors from industry and academia
- Establish valuable contacts to future employers and explore your career opportunities in a direct dialogue
- Participate in company visits, career events and recruiting programmes
- Virtual club platform at www.myeos.org
- Student club homepage
- Student profile pages, blogs, forums, surveys, job board, club’s news section...
- Upon proposal each club can receive up to 1000 Euro support per year.
- Direct contact to mentors from academia and to representatives from industry
- Opportunity to take part in company visits and other career/recruiting events organized in cooperation with our industrial partners
- Representation in the EOS Board of Directors (guest seat for one student programme representative)
- Social/scientific events for networking and exchange of ideas, concerns and needs
- Excursions to laboratories, universities or companies
- Submission of articles for the EOS newsletter and website
- Encourage colleagues to join EOS and become active in the Student Programme
- Hold at least one Student Club Meeting per year
- Participation in the annual EOS Student Reception
Each Student Club reports to EOS once a year. The report includes
- information about the Club members (names , affiliation, countries , member since),
- Club Board (chair, co-chair, treasurer and webmaster),
- past and future activities,
- recommendations for improving the EOS Student Programme.
A summary of the report shall be presented at the Annual EOS Student Clubs Meeting alongside the EOS Annual General Meeting.
Coordinator of the EOS Student Programme